RH Mobile can run in most browsers on the desktop although offline support is only tested in Chrome and Edge on Windows.
If you're planning to run RH Mobile offline on a desktop operating system (this includes Surface tablets) there are a few things you need to know.
- Camera access
- Windows does not allow browsers direct access to the camera the way iOS and Android do. You will not be able to take pictures directly into a concern. You will see an icon that will allow you to choose pictures from the file system.
- We do not test on Linux so we do not know if you can access the camera directly.
- Example screenshots below are from Chrome. Other browsers have similar controls.
- Startup Shortcut
- For Windows, you can create a shortcut to a webpage (https://www.reporthost.com/mobile/)
- See these references.
- Different browsers, different instances
- If you start RH Mobile with Chrome you'll get a different instance than if you start it with Edge (or Brave, etc)
- They will appear and work the same but you will not see the same users and reports.
- This can be confusing. To prevent this, always use the same browser from the desktop.