This report published on Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:46:32 PM EDT
This report is the exclusive property of this inspection company and the client(s) listed in the report title. Use of this report by any unauthorized persons is prohibited.
How to Read this Report
This report is organized by the property's functional areas. Within each functional area, descriptive information is listed first and is shown in bold type. Items of concern follow descriptive information.
Concerns are shown and sorted according to these types:
Poses a risk of injury or death
Correction likely involves a significant expense
Recommend repairing or replacing
Recommend repair and/or maintenance
Correction likely involves only a minor expense
Recommend evaluation by a specialist
For your information
Click here for a glossary of building construction terms.Contact your inspector If there are terms that you do not understand, or visit the glossary of construction terms at https://www.reporthost.com/glossary.asp
1) Safety, Major Defect, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - All the support joists on the second floor deck are missing joist hangers for proper support. They are only supported sitting on a small 2x2 and screwed in. This is not proper construction and recommend checking to see if deck permit was pulled and further inspection by ST Johns County Building Department and general contractor to evaluate further.
2) Repair/Maintain - There is a opening and loose electrical box outside the front porch that needs repaired.
3) Repair/Maintain - The electrical box top hasp is broken and needs repaired.
4) Repair/Maintain - Deck supports in several areas are not attached and are loose and need proper attachment. Recommend repair.
5) Repair/Maintain - The side stairs going to the second level is loose and not properly supported. Recommend further evaluation from general contractor.
6) Repair/Maintain - Some deck top boards are loose and need repaired.
7) Evaluate - The exterior electrical panel at the dock had some loose non attached breakers in it recommend further evaluation.
8) Comment - Both lifts at the dock worked properly at the time of the inspection.
9) Comment - The sea wall and dock appears to be in good condition. No concerns found at this time.
10) Comment - There is a set of wires on the driveway from the owner was for a gate if installed. Unknown if properly powered recommend electrician to evaluate if consider installing or removal of wires.
Number of Remaing Years of Life: Unable to Determin
Roof type: Hipped
Roof covering: Asphalt or fiberglass composition shingles
Estimated age of roof: 14 years
Gutter & downspout material: Aluminum
Roof ventilation: Adequate
Roof Condition: Recommend Roofing Contractor
11) Repair/Maintain - The roof has some missing shingles on the top roof that need repaired. Recommend roofing contractor for repair.
12) Repair/Maintain - There is a area on the second roof that due to water coming from the upper roof and where it hits the lower roof has caused it to fall in and water damage that needs repair. Recommend roofing contractor. Under this area the ceiling trim has fallen down and also needs repaired.
Air conditioned temperature difference: 18° excellent
18) Major Defect, Comment - The estimated useful life for air conditioning compressors is 8 to 15 years. The original unit appears to be approaching this age and may need replacing at any time. It is a 2004 Model at 15 years is due for replacing at anytime. It has excessive amount of corrosion damage on the exterior unit.
19) Repair/Maintain, Evaluate - Last service date of this system is more than two years ago or is unable to be determined. Recommend asking seller when it was last serviced. If unable to determine or if more than two years ago, recommend that this system be inspected, cleaned, serviced and repaired if necessary by a qualified heating and cooling technician. Recommend that this servicing be made every two years in the future or as recommended by the heating and cooling contractor.
20) Repair/Maintain - The mini split system remote didn't have power. recommend changing batteries or replacing remote.
21) Comment - The heating and aircondition systems on the home was working properly during the inspection.
22) Comment - The Plumbing componets of the home were found to be in good condition during the inspection.
23) Comment - There is a lift station outside the home that pumps the septic to the main city man hole drain. This needs to be inspected by a septic company every few years to make sure motor stays in good condition and not become clogged.
24) Repair/Maintain, Evaluate - Gas propane insert fireplaces installed in the home. I was able to light the top floor fireplace but not able to get the main floor on recommend repair or further evaluation.
25) Safety, Repair/Replace - Exterior Stairs are loose. This is a safety hazard. Recommend having a qualified contractor make repairs as necessary, such as installing new fasteners, so handrails are securely attached.
26) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - Kitchen's under-sink food disposal is not working. Recommend having a qualified plumbing contractor evaluate and repair or replace as necessary.
27) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - Both Jacuzzi tubs worked during the inspection. There was a large amount of debris that came out of both and from the water supply. Recommend further inspection and possible water treatment system put on the home.
28) Repair/Replace - Toilet seats appear to be loose and need repaired.
29) Repair/Replace - Screen(s) missing in one or more windows. Window(s) may not provide ventilation during months when insects are active. Recommend installing screens.
30) Repair/Maintain - Several dead bolts and door knobs are hard to operate and need maintenance and repair.
31) Repair/Maintain - Bathroom door loose needs adjusted.
32) Repair/Maintain - Master bathroom plantation shutters are not attached and broken on one recommend repair.
33) Repair/Maintain - Knob off the master bathroom tub fell off and needs repaired.
34) Minor Defect - The cover plates are missing from the floor outlets in the living room.
35) Comment - All appliances are in good working order during the inspection.
36) Comment - Elevator was working properly during the inspection.
1. INSPECTOR agrees to perform a visual inspection of the home/building and to provide CLIENT with a written inspection report identifying the defects that INSPECTOR both observed and deemed material. INSPECTOR may offer comments as a courtesy, but these comments will not comprise the bargained-for report. The report is only supplementary to the sellers disclosure. 2. Unless otherwise inconsistent with this Agreement or not possible, INSPECTOR agrees to perform the inspection in accordance to the current Standards of Practice of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors posted at http://www.nachi.org/sop.htm. CLIENT understands that these standards contain certain limitations, exceptions, and exclusions. 3. The inspection and report are performed and prepared for the use of CLIENT, who gives INSPECTOR permission to discuss observations with real estate agents, owners, repairpersons, and other interested parties. INSPECTOR accepts no responsibility for use or misinterpretation by third parties. INSPECTORS inspection of the property and the accompanying report are in no way intended to be a guarantee or warranty, express or implied, regarding the future use, operability, habitability or suitability of the home/building or its components. Any and all warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly excluded by this Agreement.
4. INSPECTOR assumes no liability for the cost of repair or replacement of unreported defects or deficiencies either current or arising in the future. CLIENT acknowledges that the liability of INSPECTOR, its agents, employees, for claims or damages, costs of defense or suit, attorneys fees and expenses and payments arising out of or related to the INSPECTORS negligence or breach of any obligation under this Agreement, including errors and omissions in the inspection or the report, shall be limited to liquidated damages in an amount equal to the fee paid to the INSPECTOR, and this liability shall be exclusive. CLIENT waives any claim for consequential, exemplary, special or incidental damages or for the loss of the use of the home/building even if the CLIENT has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The parties acknowledge that the liquidated damages are not intended as a penalty but are intended (i) to reflect the fact that actual damages may be difficult and impractical to ascertain; (ii) to allocate risk among the INSPECTOR and CLIENT; and (iii) to enable the INSPECTOR to perform the inspection at the stated fee.
5. INSPECTOR does not perform engineering, architectural, plumbing, or any other job function requiring an occupational license in the jurisdiction where the inspection is taking place, unless the inspector holds a valid occupational license, in which case he/she may inform the CLIENT that he/she is so licensed, and is therefore qualified to go beyond this basic home inspection, and for additional fee, perform additional inspections beyond those within the scope of the basic home inspection. Any agreement for such additional inspections shall be in a separate writing.
6. In the event of a claim against INSPECTOR, CLIENT agrees to supply INSPECTOR with the following: (1) Written notification of adverse conditions within 14 days of discovery, and (2) Access to the premises. Failure to comply with the above conditions will release INSPECTOR and its agents from any and all obligations or liability of any kind. 7. The parties agree that any litigation arising out of this Agreement shall be filed only in the Court having jurisdiction in the County in which the INSPECTOR has its principal place of business. In the event that CLIENT fails to prove any adverse claims against INSPECTOR in a court of law, CLIENT agrees to pay all legal costs, expenses and fees of INSPECTOR in defending said claims. 8. If any court declares any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in effect. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties. All prior communications are merged into this Agreement, and there are no terms or conditions other than those set forth herein. No statement or promise of INSPECTOR or its agents shall be binding unless reduced to writing and signed by INSPECTOR. No change or modification shall be enforceable against any party unless such change or modification is in writing and signed by the parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and enforceable by the parties and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assignees. CLIENT shall have no cause of action against INSPECTOR after one year from the date of the inspection. 9. Payment of the fee to INSPECTOR (less any deposit noted above) is due upon completion of the on-site inspection. The CLIENT agrees to pay all legal and time expenses incurred in collecting due payments, including attorneys fees, if any. If CLIENT is a corporation, LLC, or similar entity, the person signing this Agreement on behalf of such entity does personally guaranty payment of the fee by the entity. CLIENT HAS CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING, AGREES TO IT, AND ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT. [sig]