|DLS INSPECTION REPORT|
|Property address:||503 pennsylviania NE|
|Inspection date:||Friday, April 28, 2006|
DLS INSPECTION REPORT SUMMARY
1) Exterior: Repair/Replace, Evaluate, Comment - there is some minor cracking and small holes in stucco which should be patched to avoid penetration of water in the future
2) Exterior: Repair/Maintain, Evaluate, Comment, WDO/WDI Conducive conditions - There ar seperations on some of the walls surrounding the yard and should be evaluated and sealed to prevent water damage penetration
3) Exterior: Repair/Maintain, Comment - Paint is needed around back door and above garage door
4) Exterior: Comment - Minor cracks were found in one or more sidewalk or patio sections. However they don't appear to be a structural concern and no trip hazards were found. No immediate action is recommended, but the client(s) may wish to have repairs made or have cracked sections replaced for aesthetic reasons.
5) Roof: Repair/Replace, Evaluate, WDO/WDI Conducive conditions - One or more parapet wall top surfaces have cracks and should be sealed to prevent water intrusion. A qualified contractor should evaluate and repair as necessary.
6) Roof: Maintain, WDO/WDI Conducive conditions - A qualified roofing contractor should evaluate and apply a new roof coating as necessary in the future. Typically this is done every four to five years.
7) Roof: Monitor, Serviceable, Comment - There are two skylights on the roof , these are not leaking and appear to be sealed but can be a source of leaks in the future ,you should monitor and call a contractor if you notice any water leaking to avoit future problems
8) Roof: Comment - VENTILATION
9) Garage: Comment - The garage door was evaluated and all saftey features worked at the time of the inspection.
12) Water heater: Major defect, Comment - The estimated useful life for most water heaters is 8 to 12 years. This water heater appears to be approaching this age and may need replacing at any time. Recommend budgeting for a replacement in the near future.
13) Water heater: Major defect, Comment - The estimated useful life for most water heaters is 8 to 12 years. This water heater appears to be at this age or older and may need replacing at any time. Recommend budgeting for a replacement in the near future.
14) Heating and cooling: Repair/Replace, Evaluate, Comment - The furnace did not respond when its controls were operated. This system was not fully evaluated. The client(s) should consult with the property owner(s) as to how it operates and have a qualified heating and cooling contractor evaluate and make repairs if necessary.
The owners are repairing the electric igniter as per the Gas company and will call me to re evaluate when contractor is finished
15) Heating and cooling: Comment - The furnace was shut off at the time of the inspection. For example, the gas supply was shut off, the pilot light was out, and/or the electric supply was turned off. As a result, the inspector was unable to fully evaluate this unit.
16) Heating and cooling: Comment - Swamp cooler was not on at time of inspection and could not be evaluated
17) Plumbing and laundry: Comment - Neither the clothes washer nor dryer were operated or evaluated. They are excluded from this inspection.
18) Plumbing and laundry: Comment - Gas meter at it's location
19) Kitchen: Comment - All apliances were on and tested and were working at time of inspection ,there were no leaks or problems at time of inspection. all cabinets and drawers were working
20) Bathrooms: Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate, Comment - One or more electric receptacles have reverse-polarity wiring, where the hot and neutral wires are reversed. This is a safety hazard due to the risk of shock. A qualified electrician should evaluate and make repairs as necessary.
(The two bathroom outlets are reversed wired the GFCI for both bathrooms is located in the master bath and they are on the same circuit tested GFCI and both outlets are reversed and both are inactive when GFCI is tripped)
21) Bathrooms: Repair/Replace, Evaluate, WDO/WDI Conducive conditions - Tile and/or grout around one or more bathtubs is damaged or deteriorated. For example, deteriorated or missing grout, cracked, missing or loose tiles, etc. A qualified contractor should evaluate and repair tile and/or grout as necessary.
22) Bathrooms: Repair/Replace, Comment - Broken toilet seat in master bathroom
23) Bathrooms: Repair/Replace - One or more shower drains are clogged or drain slowly. Drain(s) should be cleared as necessary, and by a qualified plumber if necessary.
The drain in the halway bathroom tub drains slowly
25) Interior rooms: Safety, Repair/Maintain, Comment - Inspector could not open back security door because there was no key available this door has a keyed deadbolt and can be a saftey hazzard in case door is needed for an emergency exit
26) Interior rooms: Comment - All celing fans,lights and doors checked out and were working at time of inspection also a representative number of windows and blinds were operated and were working at time of inspection.