|Commercial Property Report For:|
|Client(s):||Mr. Commercial Investor|
|Property address:||100 Commercial Building Parkway
Commercila, Va. 22222
This report is the exclusive property of Brand Home Inspections, LLC and the client(s) listed in the report title. Use of this report by any unauthorized persons is prohibited.
3) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - One or more trip hazards were found in sidewalk and/or patio sections due to cracks, settlement, heaving and/or deterioration. A qualified contractor should evaluate and repair or replace sections as necessary to eliminate trip hazards.
4) Safety, Repair/Replace - There are multiple site light pole heads that are not working. This may be due to faulty lamps and/or ballasts. Recommend evaluation and repair by a qualified electrical contractor to insure proper lighting levels in the parking areas.
5) Safety, Repair/Replace - One/Some/Many site light poles are damaged. deteriorated or missing parts.
One light pole at the SE parking area is missing the light head. (The head is being stored in the evaporator tower enclosure)
6) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - The driveway had significant cracks, and/or deterioration in one or more areas. A qualified contractor should evaluate and repair or replace sections as necessary.
7) Repair/Replace - The parking lot striping is deteriorated and/or missing in some areas. Recommend re-striping.
8) Repair/Replace - Missing brick was found in retaining wall at the ADA ramp. A qualified person should evaluate and repair or replace sections as necessary.
9) Repair/Replace - Evidence of poor drainage was found in one section of the tower enclosure drain in the form of dead vegetation. One or more drains were visible, but the drain(s) appeared to be clogged. Drains should be cleared now and in the future as necessary to prevent water from accumulating.
10) Repair/Maintain - Recommend resealing asphalt driveway.
11) Repair/Maintain - One or more section(s) of curb has/have minor damage. Recommend further evaluation for cosmetic, major damage, or missing units repair/replacemnet by a qualified contractor.
Exterior / Foundation
13) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - Minor deterioration was found in one or more sections of CMU enclosure walls. A qualified contractor should evaluate and make repairs as necessary, such as repointing mortar, sealing/painting to prevent water intrusion and further deterioration in the future.
14) Repair/Replace - The steel lintel at one or more exterior windows/doors is/are rusty/corroded. Rusty steel expands and may cause bricks/masonry unit to crack or spall. Recommend prep, priming, and painting to prevent further deterioration.
15) Repair/Replace - Gaps existed at one or more openings around the exterior, such as those where outside faucets, refrigerant lines, and/or gas supply pipes penetrate the exterior. Gaps should be sealed as necessary to prevent moisture intrusion and entry by vermin.
16) Repair/Maintain , Conducive conditions - Caulk was deteriorated in some areas. For example, around windows, around doors. A qualified person should repair or replace as necessary. For more information, visit:
20) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate, Comment - The wire trough cover panel is missing for panels A, B, & C in the first floor electrical room of the Suntrust Bank tenant area. Recommend repair by qualified electricl contractor.
21) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - Inadequate working space existed for panel #D, - Panel LP-5. Standard building practices require the following clearances:
A qualified contractor and/or electrician should evaluate and make modifications as necessary. Panel only has 1'-3" clearence in front due to duct work.
22) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - The legend for overcurrent protection devices (breakers or fuses) in panel #C was missing. Recommend installing, updating or correcting the legend as necessary so it's accurate. Evaluation by a qualified electrician may be necessary. This panel also has a missing a panel blank which has exposed wires when the cover is open.
23) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - One junction box & conduit sections and/or fittings were loose. This is a potential safety hazard for shock or fire. A qualified person should evaluate and repair as necessary. A junction box and conduit over the 1st floor Men's restroom is not properly suspended.
24) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - One or more receptacles were damaged. This is a safety hazard due to the risk of shock and fire. A qualified electrician should evaluate and repair or replace as necessary. Exterior receptacle located in transformer fence cage is damaged.
25) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - One or more electric receptacles at the exterior had no visible ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection. This is a safety hazard due to the risk of shock. A qualified electrician should evaluate to determine if GFCI protection exists, and if not, repair as necessary. For more information, visit:
26) Safety, Repair/Replace, Evaluate - One light fixture was substandard. A qualified person should evaluate and repair or replace as necessary. There is a 2x2 light fixture suspended above the northest ceiling of the 3rd floor (near Suite 310). This fixture should be installed properly or removed.
27) Safety, Repair/Replace - One or more electrical appliances is missing a disconnect. Have repaired/replaced/installed by a qualified electrical contractor.
Water Heater in ceiling above Vault is missing a disconnect.
28) Safety, Minor Defect - Many junction box cover plates were missing. They are intended to contain fire and prevent electric shock from exposed wires. This is a safety hazard due to the risk of fire and shock. A qualified person should repair as necessary.
Junciton covers are missing in multiple locations throughout the building above the suspended ceilings.
Plumbing / Fuel Systems
29) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - One or more outside faucets were leaking. For example, from the valve stem when turned on or from the spigot when turned off. A qualified plumber should evaluate and repair as necessary.
Wall hydrant at the south exterior leaks when back -pressure is applied.
32) Major Defect, Comment - The estimated useful life for most boilers is 20 years. This boiler appeared to be near this age and/or its useful lifespan and may need replacing or significant repairs at any time. Recommend budgeting for a replacement in the near future.
The inspection is unable to determine the boiler age at this time. Further investigation will be done to determined the boiler date and the report revised to reflect this information.
33) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - This system did not respond when its normal controls were operated. As a result, the inspector was only able to perform a limited evaluation. The client should consult with the property owner as to how the system operates. Recommend that a full evaluation be made by a qualified person when the system is operable.
Water source heat pump in Suite 300 would not come on with normal controls. See attached equipment list for unit data.
Cooling / Heat Pump
34) Major Defect, Comment - The estimated useful life for most cooling systems and heat pumps is 10 to 15 years. This system has units which appear to be beyond this age and/or their useful lifespan and may need replacing or significant repairs at any time. Recommend budgeting for a replacements in the near future.
See Exhibit B for unit mfg. dates.
35) Repair/Maintain, Evaluate - The last service date of this system appeared to be more than one year ago, or the inspector was unable to determine the last service date. The client should ask the property owner when it was last serviced. If unable to determine the last service date, or if this system was serviced more than one year ago, a qualified contractor should service this system and make repairs if necessary. This servicing should be performed annually in the future.
Bathrooms / Laundry / Sinks
38) Repair/Replace, Evaluate , Conducive conditions - The exhaust fan at location #C was inoperable. Moisture may accumulate as a result. A qualified person should evaluate and repair or replace as necessary. Common area bathroom fan not operating; no access to roof at time of inspection for evaluation.
39) Repair/Replace - The urinal(s) in the 2nd & 3rd floor Men's bathrooms have weak flush. Have evaluated and reapired/replaced by a qualified plumbing contractor.
Interior Rooms / Areas
40) Safety, Repair/Replace - Multiple minor penetrations were observed throughout the building in the common and tenant separation walls. Recommend evaluation and repair by a qualified contractor.
41) Repair/Replace, Evaluate, Monitor - Water stains or evidence of leaking were found at some windows. A qualified person should evaluate and repair as necessary.
2nd Floor; Suntrust Investment-previous leak evidence at the 1st and 3rd
offices from south end conference room.
Suntrust Security (under heat pump)
Remax-at east wall.
3rd Floor: Evidence of previous leaks in;
Suntrust suite at-4th office from south rear wall, 5th office from
south rear wall.
Greg Garret suite-at west exterior wall.
Leak evidence is not limited to this list.
No elevated moisture levels were detected with Surveymaster Protometer moisture meter.
42) Repair/Replace, Evaluate , Conducive conditions - Seals between multi-pane glass in one windows appear to have failed based on condensation or stains between the panes of glass. The view through the window may be obscured, and accumulated condensation leaking into wall cavities is a conducive condition for wood destroying organisms. A qualified contractor should evaluate and replace glass where necessary.
The client should be aware that evidence of broken seals may be more or less visible from one day to the next depending on the temperature, humidity, sunlight, etc. Windows or glass doors other than those that the inspector identified may also have failed seals and need glass replaced too.
43) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - Apparent water stains from a previous leak were observed on the ceilings. Have evaluated and repaired by a qualified contractor,
44) Repair/Replace, Evaluate - One interior door was sticking. A qualified person should evaluate and repair as necessary. East end bathroom door sticks.
45) Repair/Replace - One or more exterior doors had minor deterioration. A qualified person should repair or replace as necessary.
The South entrance left active door panel has a rusted hinge assembly.